Tuesday, December 4, 2012

























This is my 3D to 2D design.I know that I am an oddity, but Paper stacking was intimate to me. The repetitive motion of cutting was relaxing; and what seemed at the time to be an uneven circle, in actuality served its purpose. I also appreciated how the project made me completely reevaluate the vegetable that I held so dear to my heart..and..my mouth. I wanted in this picture/vector to represent my head during the process of the project. The way I viewed it before (beautiful green veggie with a toad-like outside and smooth and tasty yellow center) and how the process completely altered my perception of it today. A sketch at first..then add color maybe..this is not the default color of an avocado, oh. don't worry about the color, concentrate solely on its shape. This is why I believe it is so important to be able to hold/touch/feel/smell something in order to create a responsive piece that truly reveals the others mysteries AND truths. Even in drawing 1 class I remember that teacher would always say to draw from life..but why? Because, interpretation is derived by the ability to be exposed to all angles of the form. In graphic design I am always fighting myself as to what would make a good piece. Research. Its starting at the beginning by closely observing the end. How do I stack a paper avocado? "Look at a real one". I think that today we neglect 3D objects that are not completely 110% functional. I know that sometimes my minimalist and negative spaced mind would agree, but..there is authenticity behind something that shares mass in the world with you.